Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Assignment #2

When I printed my six pictures for out second assignment, I thought this one of my neighbor Katy was the strongest. Out of all her pictures this is only one of three where she didn't smile and that had to do with what makes me think it's so powerful. In the rest of her pictures she smiling extremely big and it seems like you can see nothing but teeth. Even though that's who she is, it didn't fit best for this assignment. I also was quite fond of it because of how the grass brought out the green in her eyes. On top of that her shirt is also a shade of green. So, we have three shades of green, good composition and a very striking facial expression from her which I felt made it the strongest.
The class however felt this picture of Kevin was the strongest. Everyone commented on how the way he was standing looked posed but he still looked comfortable with his hands in his pockets. They also liked the little smirk on his face. There were comments made about the lighting on his face where it was slightly brighter on one side so you could tell the sun was setting which made for great lighting. And lastly they said the background worked very well with his outfit. I have to agree with the class, I debated between this one and the one of Katy on which one I felt was the strongest. I love them both!


No comments:

Post a Comment