Wednesday, October 27, 2010

William Klein & Elliott Erwitt

Looking through William Klein's photographs I enjoyed a lot of his worked. I wished some of them hadn't been blurry, however it does gives them character. What I enjoyed about his photographed is how he captured people in their natural elements, as if they didn't being noticed they were being photographed. He has a really unusual approach to taking pictures and I also think that's what helps gab my attention. He takes pictures of stuff I would have never thought of taking pictures of and turns them into extraordinary master pieces. Out of all the photographs I've seen done by him, I would have to say my favorite is the one in front of the candy store even though it's had a little bit of editing done to it. I love how it's a child looking so innocent who is supposedly in front of a candy store but there is almost nothing but cigarette adds behind him. Then the person who is cut off from the waist up on the left just adds that little extra photogenic touch.
I liked Elliott Erwitt's photographs a bit better than I liked William Klein's. With Elliott's photographs they honestly just make me laugh because a bunch of them are really cute and creative photographs. He has very good angles and a sense of balance. He also has a very interesting way of taking the photographs. He doesn't take them at the regular eye level, straight on. In one picture he had a couple kissing in a car but he captured them kissing through the side-view mirror. He is just so creative. My favorite photograph I saw though was the one below. It just really makes me laugh and it was such a cute idea. It shows the relationship you get between you and your dog. There is a great amount of balance and composition. You can there must be a story behind this.

No comments:

Post a Comment